This story is pretty amazing, how on my actual birthday Dec. 11, 2003 I had 5 448’s show themselves at very key moments during my biggest sales day of the year. Here’s what happened.
10 a.m. – Jumped in van knowing I was 4.8 km from a 448 showing on my van’s trip odometer. I was heading to one of my large accounts to do a massive liquidation sale. I forgot something in the house and when I went back inside an e-mail I received resulted in me canceling the trip and deciding to work the phone from home all day.
After working the deals all day I finalized and confirmed the liquidation deal at 4:00 p.m. and it was big. I immediately called the President of the Company, but he had already left, I called his cell and left a message – here’s what happened next.
- He calls me and I inform him of the successful conclusion of the deal and was shocked to then see on my computer that it was 4:48 p.m. I brought this to my bosses attention.
- Simultaneously the fax machine started at 4.48 p.m. and gave me the YTD sales info that confirmed that with this new deal I just broke a personal and a company sales record, never achieved before!!!
- My girlfriend Erica arrives home at approx. 6:30 p.m. to take me to my Birthday Dinner set for 7:00 p.m. at the fine restaurant–Cataract Inn. This is when the 4.8 km worked out. It turned out that the Cataract Inn was exactly 4.8 km from my driveway. When we parked in the driveway of the restaurant and stopped my trip odometer now read 448 kms exactly!
- After a fantastic dinner we left for home and started the van and the digital clock readout showed 8:44 p.m.! As in some of my other stories you must realize the # will show itself forward and sometimes backwards.
- Do to a delay in my usual Friday Purolator package sent weekly from my company this did not show up until December 15th, 2003. When I opened the package I was staggered when I saw my final sales figures for December 11th, 2003 (my birthday) the amount was…$253,448.80!! A dollar difference either way and this number would not have shown up.
Truly my best sales day of the year involved many 448’s!